What are FAST's courses like?
FAST course design
FAST courses are multi-professional, accessible, putting users in control and giving accredited learning but also making learning enjoyable.
FAST courses are written to relate to the NHS Knowledge and Skills Framework.
FAST courses are designed to deliver the standards set out in the National Service Framework (NSF)
FAST is committed to making the learning process a valuable and enjoyable experience by ensuring the courses are:
- Intuitive - there is no need to be a computer expert or to read a manual - the screens contain easy to follow instructions enabling easy navigation with the minimum of fuss;
- Short, chunk-sized learning, allowing flexibility to stop at any point and resume again when convenient;
- Accredited for Royal College or other professional body purpose, or for annual appraisal, providing up to 3 hours credit for portfolio evidence or CPD
- Regularly updated;
- Designed to run under a Managed Learning Environment to facilitate course tracking and assessment of the benefits the training;
- Written by Subject Matter Experts drawn principally from Universities or other course experts with practical experience in their fields;
- Optimised e-learning courses through the involvement of Health, Community and Social Care organisations.